Tuesday 28 September 2010

Going Nowhere - Buy a Railway Carriage

A few years ago we stayed in a place called Raileisure, a collection of "railway carriages" next to a preserved railway in Lincolnshire.  It was a nice place, deep in the countryside,  and a big success with young kids, as it's not far from Cleethorpes and other coastal towns.

Just heard that the owner is selling off a railway sleeper carriage which is half converted into a holiday home, complete with planning permission and adjoining land, for £54,000.   Not a bad DIY project for a family of railway fanatics, I guess.  The link is here I'm sort of tempted, or I would be if I had £54,000 to play with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Wow. That's going to be incredible when it's done up. (Did I mention I love trains?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a bit of interest now but Rhubarb & Custard is still available on a first come, first served basis - FREEHOLD within a generous plot. What better way to while away your weekends than to own your own railway carriage in such pleasant surroundings!! £50,000.00 ovno

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive