Wednesday, 6 May 2009

More and More Press Trips

It's the season for press trips. I've today been offered two more today - both of them to the US. In order to accept them you need something called an I-Visa - or you do, if you're British. This I am told involves queueing all morning in the US embassy, providing special sized photographs and paying $130.

I'm very busy (mostly with other sorts of writing, not travel) so the idea of standing around all morning sounds quite attractive. May even be worth $130


  1. I thought Brits could use the visa waiver program so long as you have a machine readable passport, interesting if it's different for press trips. Maybe because you'll be classed as working while you're there?

  2. It's just media people. Guess we're specially threatening to homeland security...


Blog Archive